For the 2018 edition, Terra Madre Salone del Gusto won’t only be in the city of Turin.
This year Slow Food wants to offer all visitors the opportunity to stay and learn more about the beauty of Piedmont. This experience includes visiting the regions beautiful artistic heritage, natural landscapes and tasting important local products.
Tour DiVini and Slow Food convivia of Piedmont have collaborated for 15 different slow itineraries. They will be available from 15 to 30 September. While most are only day excursions, some include an overnight stay. The excursions are well researched and designed, accompanied by experts of the area. They will offer authentic experiences, with opportunities to meet producers, chefs, expert winemakers, taking all the time necessary to watch, savor, listen.
These itineraries discovering the provinces of Piedmont will take you to some of the most famous areas, such as the Langhe, with its wines, truffles, and beautiful villages where you may enjoy the view of the hills of vineyards. Another takes you to Verbano, to discover the beautiful landscapes and agricultural goodness of Lago Maggiore. On the other hand, all of Piedmont holds incredible surprises, so there will also be lesser known territories, outside the usual tourist routes. For example one will take you to the Valle di Susa to see the heroic vines and the Sacra di San Michele; another will explore Biella with two Slow Food Presidia, such as the Alto Elvo butter, produced in an ancient monastery, and the Macagn cheese; also there will be the opportunity to visit the wild hills of the Alessandria and the Tortonese, discovering Timorasso and another Slow Food Presidium, the Montèbore cheese (or the salami of the Valli Tortonesi).
We invite you to explore the list, and to let yourself be intrigued by our suggestions. For more details click on the one the trip that interests you the most!
For the complete list, click here.
Tour DiVini proposes
- Valle di Susa – from the Sacra di San Michele to the heroic vines and mountain agriculture
- The Canavese Valleys: Erbaluce of Caluso and Carema Nebbiolo
- The 5 lakes of Ivrea and the Masino Castle
- Alessandria and Tortona – the wild hills of Piedmont featuring Timorasso and Gavi wines with Monteborè cheese.
- Alessandria: Timorasso, salame of the valli tortonesi and the history of Pelizza da Volpedo
- The hills and wines of Monferrato: featuring Grignolino and Moscato wines
- The charm of Cuneo’s high valleys – the ancient mountain culture and the beauty of the Mondovì plateau
- The Langhe of Asti – Discovering Robiola di Roccaverano, the “tonda gentile” hazelnut and Passito of Moscato
- The classic Langhe – Barolo, Pelaverga and the birth of the historic city of Alba
- Cuneo and Roero: The fascinating terroir of Barbaresco and Roero
- Biella: the red ground of Nebbiolo of Biella Valley and the Santuario di Oropa
- Novara: the legendary earth of Boca, gorgonzola and black rice
- Vercelli: The European capital of rice, the rice seas of Piedmont
Two-day long itineraries
- Alba – Langhe – Roero: The wines and the night search for Tartufo
- Weekend discovering Lago Maggiore: the islands, citrus, oil and saffron
Each itinerary has a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 20-25.
The prices vary depending on the proposed itinerary and number of members.
Tour DiVini also has the ability to organize individual packages.
For information, write to:
Or you can call at: